We offer a 1-day ‘Starter’ course for people wanting to learn the basics of making a video. This includes:
- Preparing for a video shoot
- Principles of lighting (both natural and using professional lights)
- Using a digital camera (inc focus, white balance, aperture, formats etc.)
- Using microphones and audio recording
- Framing, types of shots, camera movements and cutaways
- Tips and tricks
Our Starter course is ideal if you have no or little experience shooting video during which you will learn both theoretical and practical elements of exposure and focusing – two technical areas that every videographer must get right.
No videography experience necessary – just bring along your DSLR camera with video capability or a specialist video camera and learn from our great film makers.
The cost of the 1-day (6 hour) course is £150 per person with a maximum of three persons per course so you get plenty of ‘hands-on’ time with your tutor. If you would prefer a 1-1 version of the the course, our fee is £275
Why not join some of the many successful students/graduates who have studied with our partner Academy of Music & Sound who offer a BA (Hons) Degree (validated by the University of West London – London College of Music) including Lewis Capaldi, Tristan Evans (The Vamps drummer), Michael Rennie (Yungblud), Josh Kumra, Eddie Thrower (Lower than Atlantis) and many more now successfully working in the music & media industry.
Tristan Evans (Vamps)
Michael Rennie (YungBlud)
The BA (Hons) Music & Sound degree is the most contemporary music and media top-up degree currently in the UK and includes the following core and optional (*) modules with all music recording and multi-media elements taught at DMP’s Studio 54 Exeter campus:
- Level 6 Project – depending win your career aspirations, you can choose from either Songwriting / Composition / Performance / Production / Dissertation /Event Management / Multi-media
- Music and Sound for Media – creating music & sound for moving image
- Recording Project – producing library (production) music for TV & Film
- Freelance Portfolio – preparing for a career as a freelancer in music/media
- (*) Showcase Studies – staging a live music showcase
- (*) Advanced Studio Production – producing high quality multi media music
- (*) Advanced Radio Production – producing a radio programme form start to finish
- (*) Music Management Project – a self-directed module in which you develop, produce and promote a music/media industry project
For more information about this fantastic new degree course, please visit the AMS BA (Hons) website page here
If you are interested in an online supported distance learning version of the BA (Hons) Music & Sound, please visit AMSonline here